By using liquid nitrogen (N2) and carbon dioxide (CO2), the main benefits of using this cryogenic technology are:
- Faster freezing results in less drip upon thawing leading to better flavour
- Formation of smaller ice crystals, resulting in less drip loss and higher quality of frozen product.
- Reduced dehydration, giving the producer higher yields
- Lower investment costs, allowing the producer to spend more elsewhere
- Small production space required with high capacity throughout
- Flexible design for multi-purpose deployment
- Low maintenance and downtime, which increases efficiency
- High levels of hygiene, reducing cleaning environments.
At Linde, we have worked hard over the past few years to improve the efficiency and hygiene of our freezing equipment.
We focus in particular on minimising contamination risks and reducing operation and maintenance costs. Cryogenic freezing and cooling is ideal for most meat and meat products. Burgers, sliced meats, chopped or diced meats and cut meats (such as cutlets) are particularly suitable.
Typical equipment used for meat and meat products are tunnel freezers, spiral freezers, IQF freezers, and cabinet freezers.