Working in close collaboration with our customers, we have developed a number of ground-breaking technologies over the years. Our international network of fish-farming experts has developed a thorough understanding of the cause/effect relationship across all dimensions and parameters of fish farming. To bundle and further these insights, we opened an aquaculture test and research centre in Ålesund, Norway.
Here our specialists develop and test a wide range of gas-related equipment for aquaculture applications. The centre features test facilities for both fresh and sea water installations, a water recirculation system as well as water heating units. Services available through our centre include training, proof-of-concept trials, environmental analyses and field measurements.
Using our laboratory and demo/simulation models, we continuously develop and improve products and processes for both fresh and salt water plants at our Ålesund Innovation Centre. Research highlights include:
- Recirculation-based water systems
- Water heating facility
- Aeration systems to reduce oxygen saturation
- Transparent water pipes for in-depth process insights
- Floating dock in the open fjord for tests
- 6m tank with side windows for optimal inspection and supervision of the oxygenation process in a tank