SOLVOX® C is a pressure dissolver for fresh and sea water. Designed to increase the concentration of oxygen in water, it is made from corrosion-resistant glass-fibre-reinforced plastic (GRP) with high-quality stainless steel fittings. Various SOLVOX® C design innovations achieve transfer efficiency rates close to 100%.
As water and gas enter the SOLVOX® C cone from the top, the water jet forces the water to mix intensively with the oxygen bubbles. As the cone widens, the velocity is reduced. Small gas bubbles that are not yet fully dissolved rise in the cone against the downward water flow, so only water free from gas bubbles leaves the cone at the bottom. Since the SOLVOX® C cone is operated at elevated pressure, the dissolved oxygen concentration can be increased significantly above normal saturation levels.
Highlights of SOLVOX C
- Oxygen transfer efficiency rates close to 100%
- Ability to increase oxygen saturation well above the normal level
- Reliable design
- Cylinder and bulk supply schemes to suit individual needs
SOLVOX® C auxiliaries
Auxiliary equipment is available to additionally boost the efficiency of SOLVOX® C and reduce energy consumption even further. These include the SOLVOX® CV venturi nozzle to increase oxygen-dosing capacity by up to 50%. The venturi nozzle recirculates undissolved oxygen that collects in the top of the cone.
Highlights of SOLVOX® CV
- Oxygen-dosing capacity increased by up to 50%
- No increase in water flow rate or energy consumption required
- Can be installed during live operations
- Energy consumption per kg of oxygen dissolved even lower
SOLVOX® Mix is a specially adapted nozzle unit for use in combination with SOLVOX® C. It enables pressurised, highly oxygenated water from SOLVOX® C to be returned to a water flow at a lower pressure – without reducing efficiency and without the risk of degassing. The unit is specially adapted for each project and installation and can be installed individually for each tank or in the facility’s main water supply to provide basic oxygenation.
Highlights of SOLVOX® Mix
- Ideal complement for a complete SOLVOX® C installation
- No risk of degassing
- Greater oxygenation efficiency overall